UAW Navistar Members Ratify Significant Contract Bring End to Tiered Wages
UAW Navistar members have voted to ratify a new six-year contract. The UAW negotiating team secured significant economic and benefit improvements including the elimination of all tiered wages, profit sharing, pension plan improvements, and a “no closing agreement” which includes language to retain the contract if the company is sold or merged.
The agreement covers Navistar Local 6 and 2293 in Melrose Park; Local 472 in Atlanta; Local 119 in Dallas; Local 1872 in York, PA and Local 402 and 658 in Springfield, Ohio.
“The UAW negotiating team was able to successfully bargain an end to tiered pay and a significant economic and benefits package,” said UAW Secretary-Treasurer and Director of the UAW Heavy Truck Department, Ray Curry.
- A $2,000 signing bonus
- Members hired before 10/1/2013 will immediately go to top wages.
- A 4 percent lump-sum payment in 2018; 3 percent lump-sum payments in 2020 and 2022.
- A 3 percent Annual Improvement Factor to all wages in 2019, 2021 and 2023.
- A $1,000 profit-sharing payout.
- No increase in weekly health insurance premium for the life of the agreement.
“Navistar members negotiated a solid agreement under tough circumstances with clear gains,” said UAW President Gary Jones. “We’re proud of the work they’ve done and the well-deserved contract they received.”