The Spring issue of Solidarity Magazine is now online! You can download it here, and share it with fellow UAW members.
We are excited to bring you the latest edition of this historic publication. Solidarity Magazine has long been a wonderful tool to inform UAW members of all the happenings going on, not only in our union, but across the labor movement.
In this issue:
- Get to know your newly-elected International Executive Board officers, and find out how three officers are already making UAW history.
- In his letter to the membership, President Shawn Fain discusses the transition to electric vehicles and why it’s critical that workers have a voice in the process. President Fain also discusses some of the big wins our union has achieved, and shouts out our union siblings who are currently on the picket lines fighting for justice.
- In our What We’re Fighting For section, we recap the recent Special Bargaining Convention that set our union’s negotiating agenda, and highlight some of the most pressing issues delegates discussed and debated on the Convention floor.
- Michigan recently became the first state to repeal so-called “right-to-work” in nearly sixty years! Find out why “right-to-work” is wrong for unions and what its repeal in Michigan means for the labor movement everywhere.
- Workers at parts supplier Yanfeng outside of Kansas City recently voted overwhelmingly to join the UAW, 310 to 26! Solidarity Magazine spent time talking with these workers leading up to the vote to better understand the issues they face and why they organized to join the UAW.
- In our Member’s Voice section, Local 160 member Sean Crawford writes about the importance of international solidarity in the age of global capitalism. If you are a UAW member interested in submitting an article for consideration in a future issue of the magazine, write to [email protected].
Other users read these articles next...